If you want to be sure that you're always receiving email from me, especially if you enroll in a course or workshop, please follow these instructions for whitelisting my address via your email provider:
To whitelist email@example.com with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a "filter" after first taking the following steps:
- If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click "Not Spam"
- Be sure that the address email@example.com is not in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If firstname.lastname@example.org is on your "Blocked Addresses" list, select it and click "Remove Block"
Now to create the filter:
- Open your mail and click on "Mail Options" in the upper right hand corner
- Select 'Filters' (in the bottom left corner)
- On the Filters page, click "Add"
- Select the "From header:" rule, and add "contains" and email@example.com, which tells the system to put email with firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
- Click the "Choose Folder" pull down menu and select 'Inbox'
- Pick the Add Filter button
To whitelist our address with Hotmail you will need to add email@example.com to your Hotmail Safe List. Here's how:
- First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click "Not Junk"
- Next, check to see if the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find email@example.com on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the "Remove" button.
- Next, open your mailbox and click "Options" in the upper right hand corner
- At the top of the page, click on the "Junk E-mail Protection" link
- Next, click on "Safe List", which is down near the bottom
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org where it says "Type an address or domain"
- Click the "Add" button
- First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the "Not Spam" button
- Next, open an email that you have received from us
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to "Reply":
- Click "Add Holly McCaig Creative to Contacts list"
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
- Add email@example.com where it says "Add address"
- Click OK
Apple Mail for OS X
First, if email from firstname.lastname@example.org ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click "Not Junk" at the top of your screen.
- Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
- Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule
- Give this rule a name such as "Holly McCaig Creative"
- Create a rule that says "If any of the following conditions are met: 'From' 'Contains'" and then paste in "email@example.com"
- From the actions, select 'Move message' to mailbox 'Inbox'.
- Click "OK"