Creating an Etsy header may fee intimidating if you have no design skills. Throw those fears away because we’re going to make one together, easy and free with Canva.
Your Etsy Header (or banner or cover photo – whatever you want to call it) is the welcome mat to your shop. It should be clean and make sense. If you are using dark images and dark colored fonts, or you can’t read the logo then you probably need to redo the thing!
Let’s Create a Killer Etsy Header Together
I’m going to show you today how you can create a killer Etsy Header for free! Yep, free! That’s pretty awesome, right?
But, before we get started designing your header we need to know a few things:
- Etsy headers are sized currently at 3360 x 840 pixels. If this ever changes you may not know about it right away. I tend to Google social header sizes every six months to see if a change has been implemented.
- The simpler and less complicated your design, the better! Stick with easy to read fonts. Remember, some people may be on mobile devices like a tablet. If you’re writing tons of stuff on there they won’t be able to read it.
- Brand is important! Let’s discuss!
Here’s the one I use for my shop at hollypixels.com. It’s clean and simple and I make sure I have a message on there to encourage my audience to sign up for my email list to get Friday Freebie SVG designs.
Branding Your Etsy Shop
Your brand is key to staying consistent with your style and message of your business. Branding is more than just your logo. It’s your message, your mission, your vision, your graphics, colors, etc. It’s everything around your business.
If you’ve have a professional brand designed for you or purchased a premade style on Etsy, be sure to stick with it in everything you do!
Use it and the colors in:
- Your headers on Etsy and social media
- Your icons
- Watermarks on photos
- Your landing page for email sign-ups.
Want to know more about branding your Etsy shop? Take the Etsy Makeover Challenge!
Design Your Etsy Header Free Using Canva
And to get right to the point, let’s dive in and design that Etsy Header now. To make it super easy, I did a video for you. I’ll show you:
- How to add your logo to Canva
- How to add photos to your header
- How to save your design (so you can edit it later)
- How to download your file
When you’re all done, it’s easy to upload your file to your Etsy shop. Here’s the instructions from Etsy to help you do just that. Here’s the one I came up with in this video tutorial:
If you’re struggling with your header you may want to consider joining my Sellers Marketing Mastermind, it’s a private club only open for new members twice a year. Inside I provide you with personal feedback and lessons to help you succeed at Etsy.